Are you currently studying or working in New South Wales and potentially planning to apply for a Permanent Residency in Australia? This article is put together by V4U Career Planner to help aspiring migrants increasing their chances of securing permanent residency in Australia.
What is Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)?
The new skilled nominated visa (Subclass 190) is a point-based permanent residency visa for skilled workers to stay indefinitely in New South Wales if they are nominated by the State. This is a skilled nominated visa for people in a range of occupations and sectors that are in high demand.
Are you wondering what occupation you should be specializing in or if your occupation falls in the NSW nominated occupation list? Here are the occupations which NSW is nominating for subclass 190.
- 133211 – Engineering Manager
- 134211 – Medical Administrator
- 134212 – Nursing Clinical Director
- 134214- Welfare Centre Manager
- 233211 – Civil Engineer
- 233212- Geotechnical Engineer
- 233214- Structural Engineer
- 233215- Transport Engineer
- 233511 – Industrial Engineer
- 233512 – Mechanical Engineer
- 233513 – Production or Plant Engineer
- 233911 – Aeronautical Engineer
- 233913 – Biomedical Engineer
- 233916 – Naval Architect
- 233999 – Engineering Professionals NEC
- 254411 – Nurse Practitioner
- 254412 – Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
- 254413 – Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
- 254414 – Registered Nurse (Community Health)
- 254415 – Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
- 254417 – Registered Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation)
Are you wondering how to get started or if you meet the eligibility criteria to apply for a Skilled Nominated visa? (subclass 190) You need to meet these requirements to be eligible for this visa:
- Under the age of 45
- Currently residing in New South Wales
- Must have a competent level of English or equivalent
- Valid skills assessment for your nominated occupation from the relevant assessment body
- Must have a minimum of 65 points from the points test
What’s even better is that you don’t require any work experience to apply for subclass 190 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.
Process of Application
- Pass the full skill assessment in your nominated occupation
- Lodge an expression of interest (EOI) through immigration Skill select website.
- You must then wait to receive an invitation. (It is worth noting that there is no timeframe to expect an invitation after submitting an EOI. Invitations are not guaranteed and the number of candidates who have submitted EOIs far outweighs the number of places available in our program.”
- Once you receive an invitation via email, you will have 14 days to provide NSW migration with the requested documentation. The documentation required would include evidence of skills assessment, work experience, qualifications, English ability, commitment statements.
- Once the NSW state approves the nomination application, you will receive an invitation to apply for the SC190 visa from the Department of Home Affairs. This invitation is valid for 60 days.
Still, have any questions or concerns or don’t feel confident applying for Subclass 190 skilled nominated visa? V4U Career Planner has a specialised team of Registered Migration agent that can assist you with skill assessment, visa lodgement or any other legal advice.
Book a free consultation with our migration agent now!
Call us at +61 468 442 703 or +61 296 332 781 or
Drop into our office at Suite 14/ Level 2, 27 Hunter Street, Parramatta NSW 2150.